Saturday, July 24, 2010

Smoking..

Last time i used to smoke when i was 15-16. I was working at a restaurant, and there, my colleagues smoke too. I was very stress at that time, and i always thought that smoking would relieve the stress.People look so relax when they smoke... And i tried it, and i told myself that i'm going to smoke. I went and bought a pack of cigarette at a grocery store. I sat at the staircase and lit the cigarette, and i took my very first puff, then, i became very dizzy. I couldn't find my balance. However, I got use to the 'kick' that the cigarettes was giving me. And I became addicted. Although i thought to myself that quiting them will be easy. I was wrong...

I smoke for about 1 year +. Sometimes, i smoke 1 pack throughout the night playing computer games. And I also quarreled with my mum because she accidentally threw a full pack of cigarettes into the garbage bin. I was furious and demanded a new pack. When i was sad, I just kept smoking and smoking. When i don't have money to buy cigarettes I will steal from my parents. Yes, i know that i was very bad that time too.

That time... I didn't know i was pregnant, and i smoke through the first 3 months of my pregnancy. That very day that i found myself pregnant. I was very scared and devastated. I goggled the internet for the health effects of smoking during pregnancy. There I saw all those effects.The effects of smoking during pregnancy were
Preterm delivery, Stillbirth, Low birth weight, Sudden infant death syndrome. I was so afraid. And i also drank hard liquor in the first 3 months of my pregnancy ... Since then, i will always think about how my baby will turn out when i give birth.. And i always cried thinking of that... I felt very sad on how i was harming my unborn.


I decided. I stopped smoking, stopped drinking. And i hated smoking. I would ask my husband to walk away from me if he's smoking or he just smoke. I didn't want him to harm my baby.

Thank goodness when Zedian was born, he was alright. He was healthy. I thank God that i didn't harm him with all those toxic things that i was giving him.

I read through all those health effects of cigarettes, and i found myself being an absolute fool for feeding the toxic to my body. I was literally killing myself for the long run, and I almost killed my son.

Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body. Smoking causes many diseases and reduces the health of smokers in general.

And i also feel rather a fool for putting antioxidant creams on my skin, where on the other hand, i was exposing free radicals on my skin, killing my skin cells.

Cigarattes have many chemical carcinogens in them. And, there are over 19 carcinogens found in them.

Everyone knows that smoking causes cancer, but some smokers just don't care, because they don't see the effects immediately.

The truth is, Lung cancer, can take up to 20 years to manifest themselves.

Smoking causes
abdominal aortic aneurysm, acute myeloid leukemia, cataract, cervical cancer, kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer, pneumonia, periodontitis, stomach cancer and the list still goes on!

Once you stop smoking, you can reduce all the risk of having these diseases, and what's more, improving your health.

I have seen primary school kids smoking and this is very sad. Very sad that parents don't teach them well. The parents smoke too, and they modeled this role of the parents as they think it's alright to smoke.

My husband hasn't quit too, and i'm awfully disappointed. I don't know what will it take for him to stop smoking..

I am really lucky that Zedian is a healthy baby... Well, there are some other mummies that isn't as fortunate as me.. I feel very sad for them.

If you're smoking, stop feeding yourself toxic, stop killing yourself in the long run. You have got families that are dependent on you. Stay healthy and protect your family!

No comments: